Whether you’re moving to a new home just ten minutes away, or to a new city, or even a much longer distance, Zen Moving works with you according to your individual needs.
Our Upfront Rates
|Scheduled Service Date||Number of Moving Technicians||Small Truck Size Rate||Medium Truck Size Rate||Large Truck Size Rate|
|End of month||2||$99||$104||$109|
|End of month||3||$124||$129||$134|
- A mid-month booking constitutes a booking scheduled between the 3rd and the 26th of the month.
- An end of the month booking constitutes a booking scheduled between the 27th and the 2nd day of the following month.
- The hourly rate includes the specified number of Moving Technicians, the truck rental, and fuel costs from the move-out to the move-in location.
- The number of Moving Technicians required is based on whether there are any specialty heavy items, thereafter on the home size, how many others will be assisting with the move on the day of, whether there are special accessibility circumstances such as a stairway/elevator, and/or other large pieces of furniture, as well as how quickly you’ll want the move to proceed.
- GST is applicable to the final total amount.
- A 3-hour minimum booking time charge is required no matter the move duration time.
- A $100 deposit via credit card is required in advance to secure your booking, with the remaining balance payable upon completion of the move.
Average Move Time Guideline
Each move is unique, although the below table provides a general guideline for what we experience as average move times.
|Home Size||Average Move Time|
|One Bedroom||3-6 hours|
|Two Bedroom||5-8 hours|
|Three Bedroom||7-10 hours|
Recommended Truck Size
The below table provides a general guideline for what we experience as adequate truck sizes based on the average home size.
|Truck Size||Home Sizes Accommodated|
|Small - 1 Ton - 16 Foot Box||Studio & 1 Bedroom|
|Medium - 3 Ton - 18 Foot Box||2 Bedroom or 1 Bedroom + Den|
|Large - 5 Ton - 26 Foot Box||3+ Bedroom|
The factors that affect move time include, but are not limited to:
- The overall amount of furniture and boxes to be loaded into the truck and the number of movers you select to assist with your move.
- Whether you have selected us to pack your belongings, or whether you have pre-packaged these yourself.
- The requirements for disassembling and assembling furniture and the amount of furniture required to be wrapped.
- The distance and factors from the home to the moving truck, which may include hallways, an elevator (which vary in size), stairs, and walkways.
- If any special items need to be moved, which may include, but are not limited to: a piano, a freezer, or a concrete base filing cabinet.
Flat Rate Zones
The flat rate covers the truck rental, fuel costs, and offsets our costs in paying our employees to and from the move locations.
|Flat Rate Zones||Cities Included||Flat Rate Charge|
|Zone 1||Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, New Westminster, Surrey, White Rock||1 hour|
|Zone 2||West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, Langley||1.5 hours|
|Zone 3||Squamish, Abbotsford, Mission||2 hours|
|Zone 4||Provincial, National, Continental, and Overseas Moving Options Available||Custom Quote Required|
Other Moving Services