The Moving Process
With so much to think about when preparing for your move, we provide a transparent outline of what you can expect from us while going through the moving process.
After reviewing the workflow timeline below, if you should have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch!
- Zen Moving provides a written estimate of costs that describe the move and all services required by you the customer. The estimate will include the cost per hour, terms of payment, and timing of services to be provided.
- To schedule your move with us, we will require a deposit to hold your booking. The deposit amount is taken by way of credit card and is deducted from the total amount of the final invoice.
- A reminder email is sent 72 hours in advance of the move, 24 hours in advance, and our Moving Technicians will make a phone call on the day of to confirm arrival time. If for some reason we have been unable to reach you, please contact us to maintain communication.
- Our crew will arrive at the scheduled start time. In the case of traffic delays or other circumstances, we will contact you, explain the delay, and provide an updated arrival time.
- Billable start time will commence upon our Moving Technicians’ arrival. Throughout the move, depending on the length and timelines, if our Moving Technicians require a break, the billable clock will be stopped and restarted once recommencing the move.
- For long distances, we will complete an agreed upon inventory and appraisal of the condition of the goods.
- If Zen Moving packs all of your belongings, they will be professionally packaged to ensure no damage is done during packing or shipment. If you do your own packing, please report to us if there is exterior damage done to packages, or furniture during the move.
- Your furniture will be carefully wrapped to prevent scratches and other damage, and packages marked Fragile will be handled as such.
- The fastest route to your move-in destination has been calculated in advance by our Moving Technicians in order to ensure efficiency of travel time.
- Upon arriving to the moving destination, we’d ask that you kindly instruct the crew as to the rooms or locations you would like each package and piece of furniture distributed. With your packages labeled in advance to their preferred location, this should make things much easier.
- When everything has been moved-in adequately to the new location and our services are no longer required, we will present you with the final invoice less the initial deposit. If more, or less time was taken to complete the move that amount will be calculated accordingly. Time added to the final invoice in addition to the estimate will be reviewed with you the customer in advance of sign-off.
- Your final invoice receipt will be emailed to you as well as a link to complete an online customer survey. We encourage you to complete this survey in order for us to immediately tackle any customer issues to ensure you’re satisfied, as well as for us to proactively and positively grow as a company.
- In the event that any of your belongings are damaged during the move, our website has a Statement of Claim Form for you to fill out.
With the outline above, we hope that this provides informed ease and comfort in knowing that you’ll be taken care of throughout your moving experience. Once again, if you have any questions above this process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch! After your move, we hope that you take the time to complete our Customer Survey so that we can continue to improve our services.